This is a nice accompaniment to raw veggies as a dip, as a spread on bread and served with other kinds of vegetarian hamburgers and patties. Even my hubby loves this and he does not eat butter nut squash as a rule.
- 1 Small butter nut
- 1/2 chick peas
- olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tub of Greek Yoghurt
- salt and pepper
- spices to taste – cumin, coriander, parsley, mint etc goes very well with hummus
- Soak the chick peas over night in a bowl of water
- In the morning pour off the water, rinse and then cook in 4 cups of fresh water for about an hour. Let it cool in the pan.
- Once it is cooled down, pour off the water and rinse it again
- For the butter nut, heat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius, and cook the butter nut with a drizzle of olive oil in the oven for about 40 minutes and let it cool
- Once it is cool enough to handle, add the butter nut to the chick peas and add all the other ingredients
- Blitz it all together in a blender
- If the mixture is a bit too dry, add a bit more olive oil and lemon juice
- It must have the consistency of a nice paste
- Add more salt and pepper if necessary
Keep refrigerated until usedDid you like this? If so, please bookmark it, RSS feed.