Your family will love this dish! Crispy and crunchy with a very fresh taste. Perfect for hot summer days.
- 4 tortillas
- 10 button mushrooms sliced
- 2 tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 250ml grated cheddar or any other strong cheese
- salt and pepper
- Peel the avocado and mash it up with a fork, mixing the avo with the lemon juice until completely mixed. Set aside. (This is your guacamole)
- Heat a pan that is big enough to take a tortilla on the stove on medium heat
- Place one tortilla in the pan once the pan is hot enough and scatter some slices of tomato, onion, and mushrooms over it
- Season it to taste with some sea salt and black pepper
- Sprinkle half the cheese over it and cover it with another tortilla
- When the bottom tortilla is nicely browned, turn the tortillas over with a spatula so that the top tortilla can be browned
- Take care that your ingredients don’t fall out!
- Once the bottom tortilla is nicely browned and crispy, turn the whole lot out onto a plate and cut into 4 pieces
- Add a dollop of guacamole to each piece and serve immediately
- Make the quesadillas one at a time until all ingredients have been used
For even more freshness, add a dollop of Plain Greek Yogurt.
Did you like this? If so, please bookmark it, RSS feed.