This dish has the most amazing texture once it has been cooked and it tastes amazing! This makes a good tappas meal or starter if cut into small squares and it can be served cold or hot.
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 carrots grated
- 4-5 zuchini’s grated (depending on the size of it)
- 250 ml selfraising flour
- 5 eggs
- 250ml cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilly flakes (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme – use fresh if you have it
- sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Mix the all the vegetables together with the herbs and spices, as well as the cheese
- Mix the flour into the vegetable mix making sure it is well mixed
- Lightly whisk the eggs and fold it into the vegetable mixture
- Turn the mixture out into a deep oven dish and bake for 35 – 40 minutes or till done and golden brown on top
Serves 4 if used as a main meal.
Serve with a dollop of plain Greek yoghurt and a leafy green salad.Did you like this? If so, please bookmark it, RSS feed.